RE: How do you evidence Oracle Licences purchased ?

  • From: "Hallas, John, Tech Dev" <John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:41:54 -0000

We have someone within Change Management who owns an Excel spreadsheet.
A lot of people have read access to that spreadsheet.

We (DBA's) are not allowed to install Oracle on a server until the =
server name appear on that spreadsheet.

The owner of the spreadsheet has to have seen evidence from either =
Purchasing or our Oracle account manager that licenses have been =
purchased before he updates the spreadsheet

This seems to work very well, even within a large orgainisation with =
multiple methods of acquiring both the software and the licenses

John