How do you evidence Oracle Licences purchased ?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:30:10 +0800

Till a few years ago, Oracle used to provide us a Licence Order Form
detailing the licences purchased.

Apparently, for the past few years, the only evidence of the Licences
purchased has been in the
actual Invoice -- and this invoice, in my organisation, goes direct to the
Finance Dept,  even
if seperate groups/OUs have purchased licences.

Although the purchaser does send me information on the CSI which he
receives from Oracle Support,
and I enrol myself as the MetaLink administrator for that CSI, this, in my
opinion wouldn't be
adequate evidence of the products and Licence quantities [Users or
Processors] purchased.
[Printing the "List Licences" listing from MetaLink doesn't help as
quantities aren't presented -- in
fact a recent purchase of EE + RAC + Partitioning just showed up as
seperate "Oracle Enterprise Edition"
entries, without the actual Option and the Processor counts].

So my question is, if seperate groups within your organisation purchase
Oracle Licences, how do
you get evidence of the Products and Licence Quantities and actual file
*paper evidence* of it ?

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital