Re: How can you change the hostname if it's part of a RAC cluster?

  • From: Steve Perry <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:46:27 -0500

Thanks.
I told them it would be faster to rebuild the cluster rather than taking a chance.
They wanted to know why it couldn't be done, but I didn't have a good answer other than what I saw on metalink.
I was hoping somebody here had gone through it before.

Thanks again,
Steve

On Apr 17, 2006, at 06:47 PM, Matthew Zito wrote:

I've pinged one of our CRS automation developers, but I'm pretty sure you need to recreate the cluster in 10gR1 to do that. In 10gR2, the CRS is a bit more sensible and you can unregister and register objects in the CRS, but the R1 CRS has some limitations.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matthew Zito