Re: How can you change the hostname if it's part of a RAC cluster?

  • From: Steve Perry <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Barbour <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:24:58 -0500

I saw that on the RAC FAQ and brought it up, but they didn't want to do that either. They wanted to change one thing and reboot.
They decided it was easier to change the hostname and ip address back. It still caused some problems with OCFS. One node had the new info and the other had the old information. Only one of them could mount the OCFS volume at a time.
I hate it when people think that everything is as simple as their home PC - change it and reboot :)

thanks,
steve

On Apr 20, 2006, at 06:46 AM, David Barbour wrote:

Have you thought about deleting and adding node(s)? That should allow you change the hostname.

On 4/17/06, Steve Perry < sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oracle EE 10.1.0.5 with ASM on RHEL4.

I need to rename the hostname and change the ip address.

Everything I could find on metalink says you can change the vip or ip
address, but not the hostname.
Does anyone know any different?
If so, can you email me the link to how-to on it?

Thanks,
Steve