Re: How about 11g SecureFiles LOBs?

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hemantkchitale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kamusis@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:16:56 +0800

If a *new* feature is not the default it is because Oracle has had enough
experience with customers who do not trust new features enough.

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com
sent from my smartphone

On Jan 11, 2011 12:22 PM, "Leyi Zhang (Kamus)" <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi lists

Since in 11gR2, SecureFiles LOBs is still not the default setting when
create LOB column, based on my experience for oracle database product,
if one new feature is not the default feature,  it means maybe there
are some unpredictable trouble will get into.

I have read the "Oracle® Database SecureFiles and Large Objects
Developer's Guide 11g Release 2 (11.2)", but I'd like to hear some
actual experiences on  SecureFiles LOBs compared to BasicFiles LOBs,
any pros and cons?

--
Kamus <kamusis@xxxxxxxxx>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com