Re: Hiding of sensitive information

  • From: Sharon.Kovac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ashlock@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:52:51 -0500

Oracle Database Vault is also an option.  It's certified with the
E-Business Suite.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/database-security/database-vault/index.html

"David Ashlock" <ashlock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/25/2010 07:41 AM
Please respond to
ashlock@xxxxxxxxxxx

<JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"oracle-db-l" <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Hiding of sensitive information

Hi Jeffrey, we have a client that currently uses VPD to hide access to
data in Apps 11i for businesses that have been divested and they seem very
happy with the results.  It provides a solid workaround until the data is
migrated/purged out of their existing applications environment.

David Ashlock | The Pythian Group | Email: ashlock@xxxxxxxxxxx | Desk:
613-565-8696 x239 | Cell: 613-302-3616 | IM: pythianashlock
Sharon Kovac | RotoMetrics
Phone: +1 636 587 3600 | Fax: +1 636 587 3701800 Howerton Lane | Eureka, MO
63025 | USA
http://www.rotometrics.com | http://www.myroto.com
This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s)
named above. This message is confidential. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete the original message.

.