RE: Hetergenous Dataguard

  • From: "Justin Cave (DDBC)" <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx" <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:05:05 -0600

I believe Metalink Doc ID 413484.1 Data Guard Support for Heterogeneous Primary
and Standby Systems in the Same Data Guard Configuration is the canonical
reference for what configurations are allowed depending on the Oracle version.

Unfortunately, an AIX primary is only compatible with an AIX standby.  On the
other hand, a Linux x86 box can have a Windows standby database.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com