Re: Have you heard about constraint type 'O'

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tpandian@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:52:39 -0500

Thiru Pandian wrote:

>I was browsing through Oracle 11i applsys schema and i found there is
>a constraint type called O . I saw all the constraint belongs to this
>type for AQ tables.  I do not see any oracle  documentation for this
>type. Any body know what for this used?.

I asked my friend F. Manual and here is what he said:

*Column*        *Datatype*      *NULL*  *Description*

|OWNER|

|VARCHAR2(30)|

|NOT NULL|

Owner of the constraint definition

|CONSTRAINT_NAME|

|VARCHAR2(30)|

|NOT NULL|

Name of the constraint definition

|CONSTRAINT_TYPE|

|VARCHAR2(1)|

Type of constraint definition:

    * |C| (check constraint on a table)
    * |P| (primary key)
    * |U| (unique key)
    * |R| (referential integrity)
    * |V| (with check option, on a view)
    * |O| (with read only, on a view)

|TABLE_NAME|

|VARCHAR2(30)|

|NOT NULL|

Name associated with the table (or view) with constraint definition

|SEARCH_CONDITION|

|LONG|

Text of search condition for a check constraint

|R_OWNER|

|VARCHAR2(30)|

Owner of table referred to in a referential constraint

|R_CONSTRAINT_NAME|

|VARCHAR2(30)|

Name of the unique constraint definition for referenced table

|DELETE_RULE|

|VARCHAR2(9)|

Delete rule for a referential constraint (|CASCADE| or |NO ACTION|)

|STATUS|

|VARCHAR2(8)|

Enforcement status of constraint (|ENABLED| or |DISABLED|)

|DEFERRABLE|

|VARCHAR2(14)|

Whether the constraint is deferrable

|DEFERRED|

|VARCHAR2(9)|

Whether the constraint was initially deferred

|VALIDATED|

|VARCHAR2(13)|

Whether all data obeys the constraint (|VALIDATED| or |NOT VALIDATED|)

|GENERATED|

|VARCHAR2(14)|

Whether the name of the constraint is user or system generated

|BAD|

|VARCHAR2(3)|

A |YES| value indicates that this constraint specifies a century in an
ambiguous manner. To avoid errors resulting from this ambiguity, rewrite
the constraint using the |TO_DATE| function with a four-digit year.

*See Also:* the |TO_DATE| function in /Oracle9i SQL Reference
<http://intranet.allegientsystems.com/ftp/oracle_doc/920/server.920/a96540/toc.htm>/

and /Oracle9i Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals
<http://intranet.allegientsystems.com/ftp/oracle_doc/920/appdev.920/a96590/toc.htm>/

|RELY|

|VARCHAR2(4)|

Whether an enabled constraint is enforced or unenforced.

*See Also:* the /constraints/ in /Oracle9i SQL Reference
<http://intranet.allegientsystems.com/ftp/oracle_doc/920/server.920/a96540/toc.htm>/

|LAST_CHANGE|

|DATE|

When the constraint was last enabled or disabled

|INDEX_OWNER|

|VARCHAR2(30)|

Name of the user owning the index

|INDEX_NAME|

|VARCHAR2(30)|

Name of the index

So, my advice is: Read The F(ine) Manual.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA