Have you considered PostgreSQL? (This is not a troll)

  • From: "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:59:00 -0800

Hello,

I am currently evaluating ways we can make PostgreSQL more attractive to
various other communities. I already posted about Synonyms but I was
curious about:

1. Who here has considered using PostgreSQL?
2. Are you using PostgreSQL + Oracle?
3. If you decided against PostgreSQL, why?

For example, I know from professional experience that something that has
held back a lot of Oracle migrations is PostgreSQL's lack of support for
packages.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
--