Re: Good Monitoring tool for monitoring Standard Oracle databases(10g/11g).

  • From: max scalf <oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tom.dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:54:11 -0500

Great Tool Tom, We have quite a few Standard edition and i find this very
helpful. Thank you for sharing this with us...

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Tom Dale <tom.dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Slightly old thread, but...

I have released an activity viewer tool to git hub
There is also code for it to run on Oracle standard edition.

https://github.com/Fivium/AVO

Demo

http://82.165.37.136/oav/db_monitor.php?db=12c

Features

Shows real session data, not aggregated.
You can see exactly what is running on database.
Sql and session highlighting, see exactly when they are active.
Tooltips to show what any active session is doing at any second for the
display range (A visual unagreagted ASH data)
A top sql report with history for Oracle standard edition.

Todo

Fix bugs
Password management

Hope it might be useful to someone

Tom

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 3:46 PM, stephen van linge <
dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I know this should go without saying, but be sure to get a trial of
Spotlight and test it out if you're serious about it before putting money
down.

We're currently looking at alternate (non-RAT) db load capture/replay
technology and although Dell/Quest's Benchmark Factory live demo looked
spectacular, during the trial/eval period we found 2 bugs that they're
currently working on hotfixes for (one major, one minor), and another
possible bug that we have trouble reproducing (might be an issue on our
side since it appears to be environment dependent, of course it only occurs
on production and not on dev or stage...).

I should qualify that their product and development managers have been
extremely helpful and very responsive. Bugs are a part of coding and I'm
certainly not trying to bash Dell here.

I feel like my recent experiences obligate me to emphasize trial testing
in addition to live demos...

Stephen

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 02:19:38 +0000
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
databases(10g/11g).

Guru's

Any advice to purchase good monitoring tool for monitoring Standard
Oracle databases(10g/11g).
I would like to know already people have experience/using particular
monitoring tool that can be deemed to good/better/best tool available in
market yet with competitive price

We are thinking to go with spotlight(dell/quest) monitoring tool but yet
to make final call.

would appreciate any response on this.

thanks,
Edwin.K