Re: Good Monitoring tool for monitoring Standard Oracle databases(10g/11g).

  • From: "stephen van linge" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "swvanlinge@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "dabron@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dabron@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:46:50 +0000 (UTC)

I know this should go without saying, but be sure to get a trial of Spotlight
and test it out if you're serious about it before putting money down.   We're
currently looking at alternate (non-RAT) db load capture/replay technology and
although Dell/Quest's Benchmark Factory live demo looked spectacular, during
the trial/eval period we found 2 bugs that they're currently working on
hotfixes for (one major, one minor), and another possible bug that we have
trouble reproducing (might be an issue on our side since it appears to be
environment dependent, of course it only occurs on production and not on dev or
stage...).   I should qualify that their product and development managers have
been extremely helpful and very responsive.  Bugs are a part of coding and I'm
certainly not trying to bash Dell here. I feel like my recent experiences
obligate me to emphasize trial testing in addition to live demos... Stephen
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 02:19:38 +0000
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Good Monitoring tool for monitoring Standard Oracle databases(10g/11g).

Guru's
Any advice to purchase good monitoring tool for monitoring Standard Oracle
databases(10g/11g).I would like to know already people have experience/using
particular monitoring tool that can be deemed to good/better/best tool
available in market yet with competitive price
We are thinking to go with spotlight(dell/quest) monitoring tool but yet to
make final call.
would appreciate any response on this.
thanks,Edwin.K