Fwd: primary from standby

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2015 08:50:06 -0500

Forgot to CC the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: primary from standby
To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx

Since it sounds like you already have a physical standby, have you
considered converting it to snapshot standby to test the upgrade? I did
this a few days ago for an 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4 upgrade test, and it worked
like a charm.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 3:44 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Oracle 11
RH Enter 4

I need a separate copy of my primary db to test an upgrade.

I have copied the standby and got it running on another box and
successfully applied redio logs

however what I do - alter database activate standby database

results in

ora-01547 recover succeeded but open resetlogs would get error below

ora-01194 file1 needs more recovery to be consist ant.

what am I a missing here please

we have successfully switched over to the original standby a few times
for dr testing.

--
Howard A. Latham

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams