Fwd: copying large LONG RAW value between databases

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:50:50 -0500

Sorry... forgot to CC the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 6:49 PM
Subject: Re: copying large LONG RAW value between databases
To: Karth Panchan <keyantech@xxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Karth Panchan <keyantech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Adric

You can use SQL Plus COPY command to manually copy across DB's.

That doesn't work for LONG RAW, unfortunately. Or at least it didn't last
time I checked, back in the 10gR2 / 11gR1 timeframe... pretty sure that's
till the case, since the datatype has been deprecated for so long.

Other option check asktom.oracle.com for "copy long column". That has best
solution.

I'll check again, but everything I've found there so far was only
applicable to LONG rather than LONG RAW.

Thanx for the suggestions.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams