Fast Refresh Materialized View on Prebuilt Table

  • From: "Charlotte Hammond" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Oracle-l Digest Users <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 10:25:23 +0000 (UTC)

 Hi All,
I'm creating a large fast-refreshable materialized view using a prebuilt table.

The problem I have is that by the time I have copied the table from the source
system to the target system several hours have passed and there are now
numerous changes on the target.  As soon as I issue the CREATE MATERIALIZED
VIEW command the log is deleted and the fast refresh starts on a table which is
by now out of date.
I'm looking for a good way to sync up the changes made during the copy period.
 I've got some ideas using triggers (and possibly a small outage on the source)
but it's seems messy. I'm wondering if I'm missing some clean / built-in
functionality to resolve this?
The database is 11.2.0.4 SE
Thanks in advance for any ideas!Charlotte