RE: Fast Growing Shared Pool

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <puravc@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:33:10 -0400

Having found what you think is the reasonable balance for the memory you
actually have, set them and turn ASMM off. Then Oracle will toss out old
rarely  used sql instead of slowly growing. Periodically (or review ADDM if
you use it)  your allocation and waits for either i/o or shared pool space
to see if you're very far out of whack.

I think of ASMM as a discovery process, not a long term solution for
production. (By the way, growing 900MB in 3 months does not strick me as
Fast.)

Regards,

mwf