Re: Fast Growing Shared Pool

  • From: Austin Hackett <hacketta_57@xxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 20:06:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Purav
In addition to what others have said, you can use V$SGASTAT or the section of
the AWR report (I don't have one to hand) that corresponds to the
DBA_HIST_SGASTAT view. Monitor them over time to see which components in the
shared pool are growing. You can then check My Oracle Support for any bugs
involving these components in your version if you spot anything unusual. I've
just been looking into such a bug in 11.2.0.3.0 where  KGLH0 and KGLHD keep
growing.

However, I would be sure to discount non-sharable SQL or statements with high
version counts/sharable memory before going into this level of detail

Regards

Austin