FW: 10g sqlldr and PARALLELism

  • From: "Levesque, Roger" <Roger.Levesque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:38:52 -0500

I am running Oracle 10g on an IBM P690 with AIX.  For a particular job I
load 8GB using sqlldr, direct=yes in two hours.  I wanted to speed this
up, so I broke the job up into four jobs, each loading 2GB each with the
parallel=true option turned on.  These four jobs now take six hours
each.   Why is there a time increase?

I can't find a parameter that will solve the apparent contention that is
going on.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Thanks ... Roger

are addressed.  If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender by email, delete and destroy this message and its
attachments.