Re: Eclipse for SQL development in place of Toad

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:53:57 -0600

On 15/04/2013 10:44 AM, Lukas Lehner wrote: as you realize
> Does anybody use Eclipse for SQL (Oracle) development? I love Open
> Source, but use at the moment Toad.
I know you don't want to go to SQL Developer, although that is somewhat
baffling to me since you license it together with your database.

I would consider it simply because it is free, understands the
idiosyncrasies of various Oracle versions, and has built-in explain plan
and pl/sql debug capabilities.

But the best open source counterparts seems to be tora.sourceforge.net

/Hans