Re: EMC Clariion "Snaps" for Oracle Backups anyone?

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 06:32:19 -0800 (PST)

by snaps do you mean emc splits. if so thisis only  adisk split and hardware
issues can arise causing you to lose disk. and we've had to deal with
situations like those.
We do use emc bcv splits but  fro a shot period of time.
the pupose if to keep data current in case o any  mishap
but tape recover is still importnat.
it also depends o the nature and colatility of the data.
why does your integrator only want snaps.
is there a problem(performance issue) with backing up the primary db.
if so emc can get backups of the split to tape also.

"Daiminger, Helmut" <HELMUT.DAIMINGER@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

We just bought two EMC Clariion CX700 boxes as SAN storage. The boxes
are primarily used for Oracle databases. Our system integrator is trying
to persuade us to use "snaps" for database backups.=20

Is anybody out there running a similar configuration and can share their
expieriences?

This is 9.2 on HP-UX 11i.

Thanks,
Helmut