RE: Do selects block truncates?

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:43:59 -0600

I have executed the following SQL, which indicated that two of my truncate
sessions were waiting on the same session. When I looked at what was
running by that session it was a select

thank you

Gene Gurevich
Oracle MySQL Operations - OMO
224-405-4079

             <krish.hariharan@
             quasardb.com>
             12/20/2007 08:07          <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
             PM                        "'oracle-l'"
                                       <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             Please respond to
             <krish.hariharan@                                     Subject
               quasardb.com>           RE: Do selects block truncates?

Perhaps, what I am about to say has already been considered and ruled out.

That said, how was the conclusion drawn that the statement that is in
execution is the statement that is blocking the other two. If this has not
been ruled out then I would try to ensure that no other DML is pending form
the "other" session (ASH, v$transaction, etc).

I tend to look for the simpler explanation first before I take the red pill
to find out how deep the rabbit hole is.

-Krish