Disaster recovery in practice

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:08:33 -0400

I just completed a disaster recovery process. My 20 GB disk
that has served me faithfully for years, and contained my home
directory, has moved to the next plane of existence. My last
backup was from March 1st, and  consequently, I've lost some
entries of the "friends" list for my spam protection software.
Please, do not be alarmed if you receive a confirmation note asking
you to confirm your email address or a notice from me saying that
your email was inadvertently destroyed and asking you to re-send.
As you can see my PC  is back up and I was able to restore it to full
action without problems. This was only for people that were occasionally
sending me private emails. May my beloved 20GB Seagate rest in piece.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA