Direct I/O, better performance?

  • From: "Roger Xu" <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:16:02 -0500

Hi,

We are running Solaris 9 with UFS on Oracle 9.2.0.4.0.
We switched to direct I/O and did not see a better performance
as far as updating statistics concerned. Why?

It used to take us 22 hours to update statistics for all tables,
but now 31 hours.

Thanks,
Roger Xu
Database Administrator
Dr Pepper Bottling Company of Texas
(972)721-8337

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons
or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to
tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx