Re: Design Question

  • From: Toon Koppelaars <toon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Muru.Balakrishnan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:04:50 +0200

> My argument is, production hardware is not cheap (we can buy 1TB for home
> under $100, but production hardware costs thousands), less overall blocks
> used improves performance, negligible problem with joining lookup tables.

I tend to be on your side here. The less-overall-blocks is the most
important driver here for me.

Done that before, and saved double digit percentages in sizes of table
segments.

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.RuleGen.com/pls/apex/f?p=14265:13