Datapump character escaping on Windows

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:38:15 -0600 (CST)

Hey all,

I tried following these instructions to export a 10g XE DB to upgrade to 11g:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803/toc.htm#CEGJJGEJ

However, on Windows, the platform specified in the doc title, the expdp
example throws syntax-type errors on the EXCLUDE spec:

expdp system/system_password full=Y
 EXCLUDE=SCHEMA:\"LIKE \'APEX_%\'\",SCHEMA:\"LIKE \'FLOWS_%\'\"
 directory=DUMP_DIR dumpfile=DB10G.dmp logfile=expdpDB10G.log

From other docs and experimenting, I figured out that this works:

expdp system/system_password full=Y
 EXCLUDE=SCHEMA:\"LIKE 'APEX_%%'\",SCHEMA:\"LIKE 'FLOWS_%%\'\"
 directory=DUMP_DIR dumpfile=DB10G.dmp logfile=expdpDB10G.log

Only the double quotes need to be escaped with the backslash, but the
percents also need to be doubled up to be escaped.  The problem is that I
can't find any docs/examples of escaping the percent sign in datapump on
Winders.  So I don't know if I just got lucky or the above is actually
"correct".

Thoughts anyone?

Merry Christmas!
Rich