Re: Datapumop question

  • From: adrian angelov <adrian_angelov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JDunn@xxxxxxxxx, Michael Elkin <melkin4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 05:00:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi John,

you can use impdp with SQLFILE parameter  to verify what was exported.

An example:
expdp adri/adri directory=DATA_PUMP_DIR dumpfile=adri.dpdump schemas=adri
impdp adri/adri dumpfile=data_pump_dir:adri.dpdump
sqlfile=data_pump_dir:adri.sqlfile
adri.sqlfile contains the needed code for recreation of JAVA objects too ...

See the docs:
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/dp_import.htm

Note that when you specify INCLUDE during the export you only export what
you've specified and all dependent objects(described in the documentation too).

Adrian Angelov