Re: Dataguard secondary archive apply

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vincent.verpoort@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:48:11 +0200

If you copied archive logs manually you should use ALTER DATABASE REGISTER
LOGFILE on the standby database. Obviously, the standby must be in managed
recovery mode as Carel-Jan mentioned.

You've got reply to FAL already as well. I believe you need a bit of reading
on Data Guard concept.

2006/8/7, Vincent verpoort <vincent.verpoort@xxxxxxxxx>:

Good morning,afternoon,night

I'm having some problem with a dataguard setup. I never worked much with
dataguard so maybe someone can help me. I have been looking on google but
can not find anything.

My secondary is running behind in archive files

i coupyed them over but it doesend apply them by it self, altough i read
that FAL *should* resolve this.

this is not happaning

the files are on the server now how do i apply the archives so its back at
the latest one

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev