Re: Dataguard role switching procedure with active GoldenGate replication - is there a best practice?

  • From: Guenadi Jilevski <gjilevski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dedba@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 05:36:00 +0300

Hi,
Will it be just one time move or a permanent requirement for replication to
B or C?

If it is a one time move I would NFS mount OGG home from B to C or copy OGG
from B to C and will start same replicats on C after B switchover to C,
note same checkpoint files on both replicat site. If replicat crashes it is
Recoverable. The adjustment will be the rmthost parameter on the pump only.

If it is a constant requirement than I would implement two pumps one to B
and the second to C, but can use the above approach as well.

The previously suggested order of making sure that extract, capture
transactions ( send extract * logend, send extract getlag), make sure that
pump process trail records and replicat applies until all record applied
(send replicat status etc) applies in both cases.

Regards,

Guenadi Jilevski