Re: Database perfortmance degraded drastically after upgrading the database from Oracle 102.0.4 to Oracle 11.2.0.3

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mandal, Ashoke" <ashoke.k.mandal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:57:04 -0600

If you are licensed for iagnostics Pack, check your AWR report and look at the ADDM recommendations.

I's strongly encourage using a tuning methodology, such as can be found in many books. I like Christian's "Troubleshooting Oracle Performance", but there are many others that are excellent as well. If you can't afford books, start reading the '2-day tuning' crash course and 'tuning guide' at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/nav/portal_17.htm

Without a methodology, especially in finding out where the problem comes from, all you are doing is spraying possible ideas to see which will stick, and risk making things worse.

Basically - find out which resource(s) are your problem.

/Hans

It is on Solrais 10.