Re: DataGuard Bandwidth requirements

  • From: George <georgelza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:32:37 +0200

I work it out another way...

Determine redo creation a hour, and then ask Networks to provide the
required bandwidth to transfer that volume in a hour.

You can use the redo log generation over 24 hours to draw a graph, showing
how it goes up and down and give them the required rate per hour.

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 3:29 PM, max scalf <oracle.blog3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello list,

we are in process of deploying a Data guard and i am looking to get a
bandwidth requirements. While googleing i came across the below formula
multiple times..my question is what exactly do the below numbers represents
0.7, 8, 1000000 ?? i know we can get and redo rate bytes per sec from
v$sysmetric_history but confused on the numbers...

*Required bandwidth = ((Redo rate bytes per sec. / 0.7) * 8) / 1,000,000
= bandwidth in Mbps *

--
You have the obligation to inform one honestly of the risk, and as a person
you are committed to educate yourself to the total risk in any activity!

Once informed & totally aware of the risk,
every fool has the right to kill or injure themselves as they see fit!