Re: Data Masking

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tracy.rahmlow@xxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 17:28:38 +0100

Hi Tracy,

Enterprise Manager offers data masking as well if you intend to send a
copy of your database to an offshore company as a development
environment. AFAIK it's a cost option though, and when I last looked at
it the masking process didn't produce deterministic results. In other
words you masked data today and get other mappings than you got
yesterday. Support was aware of this but not sure if that's now available.

Hope this helps,

Martin

On 04/23/2010 02:01 PM, Tracy Rahmlow wrote:

> We are currently looking to mask some data in a 500g 10.2.0.4 database
> and I'm looking for design options from this group.  We are considering
> the use of functions to update some rows in place and/or CTAS with
> function calls.  Anybody have any other thoughts?
>
> Thanks

Martin Bach
OCM 10g
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com