Re: DST Apology

  • From: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dreveewee@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 10:57:21 -0500

I can top that.
10.2.0.3 (10g R2 patchset 2) was re-uploaded today. patchset 5337014
No change has yet been made to the readme.html indicating what changed.
Nothing.

So I visited the magic 8 ball site to ask it if I would need to uninstall
and re-apply the patchset to the vast number of database servers that have
already been diligently updated with the patch.

"Question: will I need to re-apply the Oracle 10g R2 patchset 2 to win32
oracle servers?"
"Absolutely!"
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

The Magic 8 ball was of no help.

Sounds like a Service Request is in order.
I'm back into full blown bastard mode.

Paul

On 2/21/07, Andre van Winssen <dreveewee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oracle keeps re-releasing the utltzuv2.sql scipt, on Windows. Today I
found 5601428 for 10.2.0.2 again with new release date. No indication of
version 4 files, could not figure out so quickly what else was changed.
A bit strange is that the script requires jvm to be installed. If not then
it will fail to complete succesfully (ORA-29538: Java not installed)

Regards,
Andre

--
-- ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'immediate trace name hanganalyze level 4';