Re: DST Apology

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:29:34 -0800

On 2/20/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But while we're on the subject (again), let me emphasize for the 42nd time
that the "updated" utltzuv2.sql script as downloaded from Metalink is in
fact *not* complete/correct.  I have been trying to get this point across
for weeks now (on this list, under the subject "ALERT - Potentially
Serious Problem with DST Patches for New Timezones"), but I'm not sure how
many people are listening.  Metalink released two notes addressing this
problem on Feb 12th and I strongly recommend everyone read them: 414590.1 &
414826.1.

Thanks for the reminder Brandon.

This whole process is way too complicated.

--
Jared Still