Re: DBA_VIEWS interactive reference available from OTN

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jenny.tsai@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:01:59 -0800

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Jenny Tsai-Smith <jenny.tsai@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>    - an architecture diagram of the key processes, memory structures, and
>    files
>     - a categorization of the background processes, plus which ones are
>    started by default, which ones are required, and which ones are new (the
> background
>    processes table in the
> documentation<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e17110/bgprocesses.htm#sthref4453>doesn't
>  include all of this info)
>    - the DBA views, and the RAC-related V$ views, are categorized

Jenny,

Thanks for letting us know.  I do believe this is the first time
for any official Oracle input on this list.

I will give kudos for the architectural diagram, I really liked that.

As I mentioned on another forum, it is a good start, but is missing a few
things.

Considering it is a skunk
works<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunkworks_project> project,
I guess we can't complain.  :)