DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS and partitioning

  • From: Sharon.Kovac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 10:59:58 -0500

Hello all,

I upgraded a 10.2.0.3 database to 11.1.0.7 on Solaris a few weeks ago.  We
do not have any tables partitioned but according to
DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS we do.

NAME                            VERSION         DETECTED_USAGES
Partitioning (user)     10.2.0.3.0              0
Partitioning (user)     11.1.0.7.0              3

I did not add any tables or partition any tables since the upgrade.  I
checked DBA_TAB_PARTITIONS and all of the tables listed are owned by
SYSTEM (LOGMNR% tables) or SYS (WHR$% tables).  I'm concerned that if we
get audited, we'll be required to pay for partitioning based on
DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS.

Anyone else have the same experience or have an explanation?

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Sharon
Sharon Kovac | RotoMetrics
Phone: +1 636 587 3600 | Fax: +1 636 587 3701800 Howerton Lane | Eureka, MO
63025 | USA
http://www.rotometrics.com | http://www.myroto.com
This e-mail message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s)
named above. This message is confidential. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete the original message.

.

GIF image