RE: Cross-platform database move

  • From: "Fred Smith" <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:39:05 -0400

That is what I was afraid of. Will I be able to use an export file created on HP-UX with import on Solaris? (or does the same OS need to perform both the exp and imp??)
Thank you.

From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Cross-platform database move
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:58:03 -0700

I believe exp/imp is your only option for 9.2, but if you upgrade both to 10g, and then you can use cross-platform transportable tablespaces.

Regards,
Brandon