RE: Create DB on RAC Error - urgent

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 18:55:10 -0800

On 2/8/07, Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Textbook problem. The generic deployment model for RAC (a shared disk
> database) is to have nothing shared but the database. A simple shared
Oracle
> home on CFS or NFS would have obiated this problem.

...but could introduce other limitations. No silver bullet.

Alex

...Limitations? No. Possible bugs, sure. All software has bugs. Poorly
architected products and solutions, on the other hand, are "bug
factories."
And regarding the "possibility", I submit:

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2006/12/28/the-dread-factor-multi-vend
or-support-unbreakable-linux/

PS. Hey, Alex, I had Ukrainian food last night... great stuff!