Re: Create DB on RAC Error - urgent

  • From: A Ebadi <ebadi01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:51:36 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, we have checked permissions and they are the same.
We also checked and the same disk groups are mounted in both ASM instances
also.  We have also tried shutting everything down (including reboot of both
servers) and starting everything from scratch (nodeapps, asm, listeners,
instances), but the second node won't start.  Keep getting the same error
(below).

Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    are the permissions on the disks the
same from the perspective of both nodes.

  you have to set the disks to be read/write on each node separately.

  i have seen this before when the second has a different set of permissions
for accessing the same disks.

  Job

A Ebadi <ebadi01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    We are trying to install a 2-node RAC with ASM (Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 on
Solaris 10) and getting the error below when using dbca to create the database.
 The error occurs when dbca is done creating the DB (100%).  Any suggestions?

  PRKP-1001: Error starting instance atlprd2 on node f10bb5-01
  CRS-0215: Could not start resource 'ora.atlprd.atlprd2.inst'

  We have tried starting atlprd2 instance manually and get the error below
regarding an issue with spfile which is on ASM.

  ORA-01565: error in identifying file '+SYS_DG/atlprd/spfileatlprd.ora'
  ORA-17503: ksfdopn:2 Failed to open file +SYS_DG/atlprd/spfileatlprd.ora
  ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

  By the way, instance one (atlprd1) is fine.

  Thanks!
  -Abdul

  Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.