RE: Check if async_io is enabled at disk-level

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sharmakdeep_oracle@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:16:25 -0400

Check to see what the setting is for filesystemio_options.   If = setall
this should turn on both async i/o and direct i/o.  If this is set to
"none" but disk_async_io = true then I don't know what the end result
would be: perhaps filesystemio_options override disk_async_io.   Also
make sure you are at a recent Maintenance Pack for AIX as there are some
known issues with Oracle (but I don't know specifically with AIO).