Re: CRS/RAC external-procedure handling

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:31:00 -0800 (PST)

I haven't done this before, but it should be possible. I think that if you
review the whitepaper and instructions on setting up a single-instance database
to be managed by Clusterware, that may help. In there, you'll see some
"special" setup steps using crs_setperm to set the ownership of a resource (the
application VIP) to be a different user (root). I think the same could be done
with an alternate listener resource and some other unprivileged user. In that
same whitepaper, you'll see instructions on how to set up a listener resource
manually which will also be helpful. If you combine the two sets of commands--I
think there may be a solution to your issue therein.

The whitepaper is on OTN under the RAC or Clusterware sections. Email me if you
don't find it.

Dan