CRS/RAC external-procedure handling

  • From: "Greg Norris" <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 20:44:29 -0600

We're planning to migrate an existing application which requires an external
procedure into a recently-created 10.2.0.3 RAC environment on Solaris 10.
At this point we've created a separate IPC-only listener on each node to
handle extproc calls, and have validated that it allows us to invoke the
procedure successfully.

The next thing we'd like to do is get the extproc listener running as a
limited OS user, rather than under the oracle account.  Can anyone tell me
if this is possible when the listener is managed through CRS?  We don't mind
writing a few scripts, if necessary, but would prefer not to duplicate the
CRS monitoring/restart infrastructure.

My apologies if this is rather basic... I'll happily accept a pointer to the
FM to R. :)  We're still a bit new to the whole CRS/RAC environment, and
it's entirely possible that I simply don't know where to look.

Thanx!

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.