Re: CIO on AIX

  • From: Mary Elizabeth McNeely <mary_mcneely@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 14:34:24 -0700 (PDT)

A belated response ...

You can't use dbverify either, with the filesystemio_options=setall option on a
jfs2 file system (which, as has been discussed, causes Oracle to use file-level
CIO).  Not sure if the same restriction exists for jfs/DIO.

From: fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:cnewtonne@xxxxxxxxx]

- Brandon has 10g, no cio, param set to 'setall' and his lsoft showed
that files are opened with c_io.
- Louis has 10g, no cio, param set to 'setall' but he gets a crash.
Mounting the fs with cio fixes it.
- looks like safest way to go is have both enabled (cio and setall) on
9i and 10g.