Block db access by IP and username

  • From: "Aragon, Gabriel (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <gabriel.aragon@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:53:25 -0400

Hi all,

long time no checking this list. I have a security question. I need to
block access to db by IP and username, let's say that I need that user
XXXX can connect ONLY from IP aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd, that is, if user XXXX
wants to connect from another IP, access will be denied.

I was thinking about using an after logon trigger to detect username and
IP and kill session if it doest fit with required values, but I think
this is a little bit rude. The other option I verified was using
sqlnet.ora configuration but this only filters by IP and I would have to
add all posssible IP's but doesnt filter users, and this is not what I
need.

Any ideas?

TIA
Gabriel