Backup 12c database in catalog in 11g database

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 11:42:43 -0600

We recently created our first 12c database. Our backup scripts expect the
database to registered in the catalog. Unfortunately, the catalog is in an
11g database which isn't scheduled to be upgraded until 2nd quarter of 2016.

Questions:

1. Can I upgrade the RCVCAT schema in the 11g database so it will
support my 12c database?
2. If yes,
- will that affect the backups for the 9i, 10g, 11g databases?
- is there any impact/gotchas having a 12c catalog in an 11g database?

Thank you in advance.
--
Sandy
GHX