Re: BEA and Java Connection Pooling

  • From: Richard Ji <richard.c.ji@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MFontana@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:39:45 -0400

Database problem, yeah right. It's a network problem, LOL.
If the application employees a connection pool, in this case
BEA, then it's the application responsibility to manage the pool
of connections. When a network problem causes the connection
to DB killed, then the application show detect that and reinitiate
connections. Depends on how the application tests connections.
A simple test of whether the object is NULL or not, or test the
Connection.close() method isn't sufficient. They need to test
it by either submit a query to db or catch specific SQLException
that are related to ORA-3113 or the likes.

Richard Ji