BEA and Java Connection Pooling

  • From: "Michael Fontana" <MFontana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:28:11 -0400

Has anyone had experience with BEA weblogic and powerportal creating
large amounts of oracle connections (connection pooling is what they
call it)?

This is certainly fine as long as oracle process and session parameters
are set with a size to support them.  However, we have seen, when
changes or outages to the network/firewall occur (and they often do, due
to routine maintenance as well as unplanned disruptions), that while
these connections persist, they no longer successfully query databases.

This is, of course, as I am told by our development management, a
"DATABASE PROBLEM".  Given that Oracle has similar methods to accomplish
the same things as the java connection pools are supposed to, does
anyone have any suggestions/experience/advice about the use of these
techniques?