RE: Asynchronus PL/SQL - Webservices Call

  • From: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 13:11:37 -0400

Excellent! and that is very useful. How about if there are multiple jobs in
the job_queue? Lets say there are 2 transaction happened within 10 secs and
updates the same record. So there are 2 jobs queued to run. When the job
queue process wakes up after 60 seconds, Will those jobs run in a sequential
order assuming I do have only one oracle job queue process? How will be the
behavior with multiple job queue processes? My requirement is those jobs
should run in a sequential order in order to retain the latest update as the
web services will populate these records into the different destination
database.

Thanks,
Raja.