Re: Anything Flash MOS can do HTML MOS cannot?

  • From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 15:22:08 -0800

Don,

Just logged an SR against the Oracle Enterprise RDBMS product via the HTML
interface (Safari 4 on Mac OSX, FWIW).  Some of the search dropdowns for
selecting product misbehaved a bit, but I persevered.  Only other annoyance
was a compete failure of "save as draft," which required me to re-enter
everything from scratch (cue excessive grumpiness).  File upload worked
fine.

Yong,

I recently had an experience where the result sets returned in the SR query
interface did not include the SRs I needed to find.  I was able to get
around the problem by making the search more selective, but the Flash
interface actually presented a larger result set for the broader search, and
I was able to find the result without additional filtering.

A very minor point, of course.  Except when you're on 4 hours' sleep and
trying to deliver a solution to a warroom full of expectant business users.
;-)

Regards,

John P.