RE: Anything Flash MOS can do HTML MOS cannot?

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, jpiwowar@xxxxxxxxx, mwf@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:10:16 -0800 (PST)

> Oh, did you mean can Flash MOS do anything useful that you
> can't do with HTML MOS?
>
> mwf

Thanks for the correction, Mark. I mean anything useful.

> SR search, etc. is pretty wonky in HTML mode, but other than that I
> think the only thing I've found that MOS Flash can do that HTML mode
> can't is turn my laptop into a space heater.
>
> John P.

Could you elaborate on SR search, John? You find Flash MOS does a better
job at this?

Speaking of computer-heater, I actually had one last winter, with a
"junk" Linux box I found. Heating in the building was bad so I powered
on the Linux server in my office mostly for heating, until one day I
upgraded kernel (for the 2nd or 3rd time) and I couldn't see console,
so I gave up. The building management doesn't allow personal heaters
(real ones).

Yong Huang