Any-one know how to eliminate PLANNED downtime with Oracle RAC?

  • From: "Fahrenfort, Keith (HP Shared Solutions Architect for Oracle)" <keith.fahrenfort@xxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:25:30 +0000

Hi, I'm working with a customer running a critical web site on a 10gR2 RAC
backend DB - they support hundreds of thousands of simultaneous connections at
the "quietest" time.

They have expressed a desire for NO downtime during ANY changes to Oracle,
particularly the application of Oracle patches and Oracle upgrades (both minor
and major), etc.

Any thoughts? Who's "been there done that"?

Thanks! Regards!
________________________________
Please let me know if you prefer to not receive email from me.

<blocked::http://www.hp.com/><blocked::http://www.hp.com/>

Keith Fahrenfort
Solutions Architect - Hewlett Packard
Solution Design Services for Oracle
Shared Solutions Architecture
HP Americas Solution Architecture
Call 1.800.424.0993 option2 or email pss@xxxxxx<mailto:pss@xxxxxx> to reach the
Solution Design Team
keith.fahrenfort@xxxxxx<mailto:keith.fahrenfort@xxxxxx>
http://www.hp.com/go/oracle<blocked::http://www.hp.com/go/oracle>

For HP's privacy policy and contact information, please see
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy.html<blocked::http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy.html>