Re: Any concerns with the advisor privilege?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter Gram <pgr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 22:06:14 +0100

Peter,
dbms_sqltune is explicitly part of the the tuning pack - it isn't listed as
part of RAT. In addition the link you point to describes STS as also being
part of the tuning pack. Do you have other information?

Michael,

In general I'd welcome developers wanting to use appropriate tools such as
dbms_sqltune on properly licensed development environments. You probably
will want to think carefully about what you do with the output of his work
and how you progress it through QA/UAT to production, but really this is a
nice problem to have.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 5:21 PM, Peter Gram Miracle A/S <pgr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Michael
> Just check that you have the purchased the Oracle Real Application
> Testing<
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e10594/options.htm#CJAGBGHH
> >option
> before you
> give anybody access to that package.
>
> /Gram
>

> Best Regards / Venlig Hilsen
>
> Peter Gram
>
> Miracle Consulting <http://www.miracleas.dk>
> Borupvang 2c, 2750 Ballerup, Denmark
> Cell: (+45) 53747107 Home: (+45) 38745696
> Office Phone: (+45) 44668855 Office Fax: (+45) 44668856
> Mail: peter.gram@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> OakTable member <http://www.oaktable.net>  <http://www.oaktable.com/>
>

> On 9 April 2013 17:34, Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > We have a developer who wants to access dbms_sqltune which requires the
> > advisor system privilege
> >
> > I was curious if others had any concerns with granting developers this
> > access in your environments.  OK in development and not production, or do
> > you think it is fine either way?
> >
> > Appreciate the info
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mike